- You have already used some of the benefits available from your dental insurance.
- Your insurance plan paid only a percentage of the fee charged by Dr. Knochel.
- The treatment you needed was not a covered benefit.
- You have not met your deductible.
- You have not reached the end of your plan’s waiting period and are currently ineligible for coverage
- Your plan may want you to choose your dental care from a list of their preferred providers.
You are welcome to contact our periodontal office in Tucson, Arizona, for more information about your insurance benefits and to schedule a consultation with Dr. Knochel.
Dr. Knochel will diagnose and provide treatment based on professional judgment and not on the cost of care. Some employers or insurance plans exclude coverage for necessary treatment as a way to reduce their costs. Your plan may not include this particular treatment or procedure, although Dr. Knochel deemed the treatment as necessary. If you are concerned about covering the cost of periodontal treatment in Tucson, Arizona, come see our periodontist and team to review your financial options.
Your insurance company will mail you an EOB (Explanation of Benefits) outlining the details of your processed claim. The EOB contains the following information: UCR, patient portion, remaining benefits, deductible, and benefit paid.